DeBakey Journalism Award Deadline Approaching
The Michael E. DeBakey Journalism Awards, named after the Foundation for Biomedical Research's (FBR) late chairman Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, honor reporting that has enhanced public understanding of how the humane and responsible use of animal models leads to medical and scientific discoveries. Awards are presented for outstanding investigative or interpretive reporting published, broadcast or posted online between May 1st, 2014 and April 30th, 2015.
Entries may be submitted in the following categories. FBR reserves the right to adjust placement of entries based on number and quality of entries in each category. If you have any questions about which category in which you should enter, please email email@example.com
- Print – Large Market (national/international)
- Print – Small Market (local/regional)
Entries must be accompanied by the following:
- Cover letter (or email) from journalist explaining the importance of the piece,
- Category in which the journalist is entering,
- Journalist’s brief biography,
- Brief letter/email of consent from employer supervisor/employer,
- Optional letter(s) of support from employer or colleagues, and
- The story itself, either as attachment or as link.
Deadline for entry is June 15th, 2015.
Submit your entry to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: The Michael E. DeBakey Journalism Awards
Foundation for Biomedical Research
1100 Vermont Avenue, NW Suite 1100
Washington DC 20005
Attention: The Michael E. DeBakey Journalism Awards